Are you a salty or a sweet person? I am definitely a salty girl. I love salty snacks! Chips and salsa, crackers with cheese, soft pretzels with cheese, and so much more … nom nom! So when I decided to do a cleanse, I knew I was going to have to find something salty and crunchy to munch on. And I found it … chickpeas!
Chickpeas are full of fiber, iron and protein! You can snack on them and feel good about it! Interested? Then try this recipe on for size, you will be impressed!
- 2 15 oz. cans of organic chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (or a little more if you like salt, like me!)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then allow the little guys to dry. You can lay them on some paper towels if you want.
- While they are drying, take all the dry spices and mix them together in a small bowl.
- Once they are basically dry, place the chickpeas in a large bowl and toss with the olive oil. Once they are coated, sprinkle in all the spices and stir until all the chickpeas are nicely covered.
- Spread the chickpeas evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake until crispy, which will take about 30 to 40 minutes. Stir them around about half way through so they all get crispy.
- Let them cool, then munch away! And if there are any left, store them in an airtight container.
Confession: mine didn’t last very long. I tried, but they are addicting! I have made 3 batches already.
You should make them too, and then tell me about it?!?
Till next time … stay salty (and sweet!) —S