These Pecan Pie Bars resemble the flavor of a pecan pie, but without all calories and sugar. They are gluten, dairy, and grain free, and use only 4 ingredients! I recommend you try them out, and then let me know what you think.
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 12-15 dates
- 1-2 tbs organic maple syrup
- Medium to large food processor
- 8x8 pan
- Add the pecans and almonds into a food processor and blend until they are a fine mix.
- Slowly add in the dates (one at a time) and the maple syrup while the food processor is running. This will make the mix become more of a gooey "dough."
- Test the dough and make sure you can press it together and it will stick to itself. If it seems dry, add a tablespoon or so of water.
- Grab an 8x8 pan (or something equivalent) and line it with parchment paper. Press the dough evenly into the pan.
- Place in the fridge to firm up. Once they are chilled, cut them up and enjoy! I store mine in the fridge, and they will keep from 10+ days!
Recipe adapted from My Whole Food Life.
I like to enjoy these in the morning for breakfast, as an afternoon snack, or as a late night treat if I need something with a little bit of sweetness to it.
TIP: Purchase your ingredients in bulk to save money. I bought all the ingredients for this recipe from Costco.
Hope you enjoy!